Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins are one of the best banana bread combinations that I have come up with so far, and this recipe is also vegan, gluten free, and oil free!
Banana bread is delicious, but chocolate chip banana bread is on an entirely different level! My mom used to always add chocolate chips to the batter when she made banana bread, and now I carry on the tradition.
With batter breads, I prefer them in muffin form because I love the crust. So, when you mix up this recipe, make sure that the batter is super thick! If the batter is too runny, the muffins will fall in the center, but if the batter is thick that you could hold it in your hand without the batter running through your fingers, then, you have the perfect consistency!
Happy baking, friends! May your Chocolate Chip Banana Bread adventures be amazing!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 4 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp flaxmeal + 5 Tbsp water)
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½-3/4 cup brown rice flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat 375˚F and prepare a regular 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, prepare the flax eggs and set to the side.
- Next, in a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- To the mashed bananas, add the coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, flax eggs, and salt and mix well.
- Add the ½ cup brown rice flour, almond flour, cinnamon powder, and baking soda to the banana mixture and combine using a spatula. Make sure that the batter is super thick and add more brown rice flour if needed
- Last, stir in the chocolate chips and scoop into the muffin tin using a ¼ cup measuring cup.
- Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes or until brown around the edges and the tops are not soft enough to leave an impression when lightly touched.
- When the muffins are finished baking, remove the tin from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool for 15-20 minutes before removing the muffins from the pan.
- Let the muffins finish cooling on the rack after they are removed from the muffin tin.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.