Spicy, Chili Hummus is an easy addition to any meal or snack because the Chili hummus pairs with bread, crackers, veggies, and more! If you love spicy foods and hummus, then this is the perfect recipe for you!
In addition, this hummus is vegan, grain free, and gluten free, and the spiciness can be customized per batch!
One of the best things about hummus recipes is the fact that every ingredient can be increased or decreased according to preference. If more olive oil is added, the hummus will be creamier, and if more chili powder is added, the hummus will be spicier. Feel free to make this recipe your own!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 can chickpeas, with liquid
- 3-4 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemons juice
- optional: 1-2 drops doTERRA Black Pepper essential oil
- Serve topped with hot sauce and jalepeno slices
- In a large blender, combine all the ingredients in the blender bowl and blend to the desired consistency. More liquid for thinner hummus, less for thicker hummus.
- Serve topped with jalepenos and hot sauce!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!