These vegan, raw, gluten free, and oil free bliss balls are the perfect, decadent yet healthy, dessert for curbing any sugar craving you may be experiencing. In addition, this recipe can be made with four or more different toppings to create various flavor combinations!
These bliss balls are perfect for making ahead of time and storing in the refrigerator until needed because all of the ingredients are already dry or preserved. In fact, the bliss balls will remain fresh for as long as they are chilled, and storing them in the freezer guarantees that you will always have an amazing dessert or snack on hand to prevent yourself from turning to unhealthier options like processed baked goods or store-bought candies.
Although my current favorite flavor of these bliss ball is simply the plain version of this recipe, there are many flavor combinations that could be used to coat the outside of the bliss balls such as the following: maca powder for a caramel taste, beet root powder for a red velvet taste, and cacao powder for a chocolate taste. In the previous picture (above), from the top right and going the clockwise, the flavors shown are maca or caramel, cacao or chocolate, plain, and beet root or red velvet. However, other ingredients like matcha tea powder, espresso powder, peanut butter powder, or seeds, etc could be used to cover the outside of these bliss balls as well.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (11-12 dates)
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¾ cup raw pecans
- ½ cup rolled oats, gluten free if needed
- *optional flavor ingredients for rolling: maca powder, beet root powder, cacao powder
- In a food processor, pulse the oats and pecans until they form a coarse meal, about 30 seconds.
- Add in the raisins and Medjool dates and continue processing until a soft dough forms and the mixture is completely blended, 1-2 minutes.
- Using a Tbsp cookie scoop (or just your hands) roll smooth balls that are roughly one inch in diameter.
- Roll the bliss balls in your desired toppings, and store in the fridge.
The serving size and nutritional information are general estimates based upon the ingredient amounts.