My favorite summer hummus flavor is Basil Hummus because freshly grown, summer basil in hummus is super delicious with veggies and salads! In addition, it is my opinion that fresh hummus is much yummier than dried basil!
Hummus recipes are incredibly easy because all you have to do is add the ingredients to a blender and adjust the liquid to get the desired consistency. In addition, hummus recipes can be easily customized to your personal flavor preference. For example, increasing salt, pepper, lemon, tahini, and more!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained (3 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1 small fresh basil (1 cup leaves)
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup water (more for thinner hummus)
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: 2 drops doTERRA Basil essential oil
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust the water, salt, and pepper as needed and blend again.
- Pour into a dish and serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Please, only use doTERRA essential oils internally because they are the only essential oil company with Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) quality!