Fall is finally here, and the cooler weather inspired me to make a vegan and gluten free Apple Cinnamon Muffin recipe! In addition, this recipe would be a yummy breakfast or snack for celebrating Rosh Hashanah next week!
These vegan and gluten free Apple Cinnamon Muffins reminded Jake of his favorite apple cinnamon oatmeal, and they reminded me of some apple cinnamon hand pies that I remember having when I was younger. The apple cinnamon flavor has always been one of my favorites, and I hope these Apple Cinnamon Muffins become one of your favorite recipes too!
If you are looking for other vegan and gluten free Rosh Hashanah recipes, I have more on my blog! Try my Cranberry Apple “Honey” Donuts, Cinnamon Maca Donuts, Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, 2-Ingredient Cinnamon Applesauce, and Apple Cinnamon Cake!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #gwynnieclemons.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- ½ cup macadamia butter (can substitute cashew butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1.5 cups coconut milk
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- optional: 2 drops doTERRA Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1.5 cups finely chopped green apples
- Preheat the oven the 400˚F and line a regular-size 12-cup muffin tin with unbleached parchment muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the macadamia butter, vanilla, maple syrup, avocado oil, coconut milk, ground cinnamon, and optional essential oil together.
- Next, add in the brown rice flour, almond flour, salt, and baking powder and mix well.
- Stir in the chia seeds and chopped apple pieces.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups and place in the oven to bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top and firm to the touch.
- When the muffins ahve finished baking, remove the muffin pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, carefully remove the muffins from the tin and serve immediately or cool completely on the cooling rack.
- Store in remaining muffins in a bread box or airtight container for 2-3 days.