If you are looking for a quick and easy to make, protein packed, warm breakfast, then this vegan, gluten free, and grain free 5 Minutes Tofu Scramble is the perfect recipe for you!
Because Jake and I tend to have very busy, full mornings, fixing a breakfast that is quick and easy to make and that will keep us full until our next meal is extremely important. Therefore, with over twenty-five grams of protein and seven grams of fiber per serving, eating this 5 Minute Tofu Scramble for breakfast is sure to keep you full and satisfied for hours!
Additionally, the recipe for this 5 Minute Tofu Scramble can easily be halved, doubled, or even tripled depending on how many people are eating breakfast that morning! Lately, because I am not a big breakfast eater and prefer to intermittent fast until around noon, I have been fixing Jake a half recipe and storing the other half of the tofu block submerged in water in a jar in the refrigerator until the next morning.
If a plain tofu scramble is not your cup of tea, try the 5 Minute Tofu Scramble with avocado toast, in tortillas, with French toast, or as part of a big country breakfast! Jake’s personal favorite is to have the 5 Minute Tofu Scramble with gluten free French toast and pure, Canadian maple syrup.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 (14oz) package extra firm tofu
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- optional: 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- optional: salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices and set aside.
- Preheat a medium skillet to medium heat. I put my stove top on setting 4, but it will vary depending on your stove.
- Using your hands, gently crumble the tofu into small pieces into the skillet.
- Then, using your spatula, chop the tofu further, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Cook the tofu, occasionally stirring, until the tofu dries out and the excess liquid has evaporated, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the avocado oil and stir through the tofu.
- Then, remove the skillet from the heat and quickly stir in the spice mixture.
- Serve immediately! This recipe makes enough for two large servings or four small servings.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge.