Classic vegan and gluten free rice krispies with two ingredients and no oil! Yes, gluten free and vegan rice krispies exist, and they are ready in five minutes!
I am fairly certain that this is the vegan and gluten free rice krispies lover’s dream come true because these rice krispies taste just like the real deal– minus oil and any animal products like gelatin!
All you need to make these rice krispies is a box of gluten free puffed rice cereal and a bag of Dandies marshmallows, and the procedure is as simple as melting the marshmallows, stirring in the cereal, and spreading in a pan to set, which happens almost instantly!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would love to see your comments and ratings on this recipe. In addition, you can tag photos of your dishes for me to see on Instagram using #shalomhomestead.
Best wishes and shalom, friends!
- 1 bag (7 oz.) of vegan marshmallows (Dandies brand), chopped or torn into small pieces. 6-8 pieces per marshmallow is best.
- 2.5-3 cups gluten free brown rice cereal
- Prepare a square baking dish, glass is best to prevent sticking and measure out the gluten free brown rice cereal so that it is ready to mix into the melted marshmallows. Vegan marshmallows firm-up quickly, so adding the cereal and spreading the rice krispies into the pan needs to be done quickly.
- In a large saucepan, gently melt the marshmallows on low heat. If the marshmallows are super dry, which happens quickly with vegan marshmallows and I have used completely hard, dried out marshmallows before, warm the marshmallows until they begin to toast. Once the marshmallows have started to brown a tiny bit, add 2 Tbsp of water to the pan. Be careful, once the water hits the hot, toasty marshmallows, they will instantly melt! Be ready to stir!
- After the marshmallows have melted, add the brown rice cereal one cup at a time and stir to combine.
- The mixture will be crazy thick and stiff, so be prepared to fold the brown rice cereal into the marshmallows with some force.
- Once the mixture is fully combined, quickly spread into a pan and smooth the top by pushing the rice krispies down to flatten.
- Cut into squares and serve!